IEA Bioenergy Task 43 - 'Biomass Feedstocks for Energy Markets'
Task 43 National Team Leader:
Mark Brown is Professor of Forestry Operations – University of the Sunshine Coast. Professor Brown is the Australian National Team Leader for IEA Bioenergy Task 43. Professor Brown is also a Director of the Forest Industries Research Centre and the Australian Forest Operations Research Alliance (AFORA).
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on Mark Brown see the University of the Sunshine Coast web-site.
Task 43 IEA Resources:
- IEA Task 43 Workplan 2014 - 15
- IEA Task 43 Workplan 2015 - 16
- IEA Task 43 Workplan 2016 - 17
- IEA Task 43 web-site
- Task 43 Factsheet
Task 43 IEA Publications
Assessing the Environmental Performance of Biomass Supply Chains, January 2015 - This report presents state of the art information on environmental impacts of biomass supply chains including how to assess them and identify the challenges and limitations. This publication provides an introduction of the application of LCA to biomass production systems, identifying factors to be taken into account for assessing these biological systems.
Task 43 Participation Group:
The Task 43 Participation Group held an inaugural meeting at the BA Annual Conference in Adelaide 1 - 2 December 2014. More details soon on the Task Workplan, Group Members and future meetings.
If you are interested in being part of this Group, contact email@example.com.
Current Area's of Focus for the Group
Task 43 Presentation - Inaugural Meeting of the Participation Group (Dec 2014) at the 2014 Bioenergy Australia Annual Conference in Adelaide. (2MB)
Next Webinar / Group Meeting
watch this space!
- 'Implementing Biomass Supply Chains to Meet Growing Demands: A Global Look at What Leads to Success' (1MB), Mark Brown, 1 Dec 2014, BA Annual Conference.
Task 43 Biomass Feedstocks for Energy Markets, Mark Brown, BA Periodic Meeting, 17 Sept 2015, Canberra.
Mobilisation of Forest Biomass Supply Chains in the Boreal and Temperate Biomass, Mark Brown, University of the Sunshine Coast, 1 Dec 2015, BA Annual Conference.
Integrated Biomass Harvesting System: A Case Study in Pine Plantations in Western Australia, Mark Brown, University of the Sunshine Coast, 1 Dec 2015, BA Annual Conference.
- Cross Task Activity - Smith et al -- Plenary II - Mobilisation of Sustainable Bioenergy Supply Chains, Oct 2015, Berlin IEA Bioenergy Conference.
Bioenergy Australia presents the following Task 43 Webinars as part of the Bioenergy Australia Webinar Series:
5 August 2014 - Speakers - Dr Evelyne Thiffault (Natural Resources Canada (NRC), Quebec, Canada) and Professor Mark Brown (University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia).
Download the Task 43 Webinar details.
- Steve Schuck, Bioenergy Australia
- Dr Evelyne Thiffault, Natural Resources Canada, Quebec, Canada
Prof. Mark Brown, University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia and Task 43 National Team Leader
Access the Webinar recording here.
9 November 2015, Presenters - John McGrath, Goran Berndes, Annette Cowie and Mark Brown, Forest Biomass - Climate and Wider Environmental Issues.
- Webinar Flyer and Speaker details
- Listen to the Task 38/43 Webinar Recording
- John McGrath's Presentation
- Goran Berndes' Presentation
Task 43 Progress Meetings / Update Reports:
April 2016, Savannah, USA
20 - 23 May 2015, Dublin, IRELAND.
24 - 31 October 2015, Berlin, GERMANY
- Meeting Summary and Key Messages for Australia
- Presentation - State of Technology Report
- Report - State of the art is sustainable biomass recovery
technology/supply chain in forest operations
23-24 October 2014, Brussels, BELGIUM.
- Meeting minutes are available in the Members Only Area or on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See also the 'Key Messages for Australia' noted from this meeting.
2015: July 2015 Thailand