IEA Bioenergy Task 39 - 'Commercialising Conventional and Advanced Liquid Biofuels from Biomass'
Task 39 National Team Leader:
Steve Rogers is Business Development Manager at Licella who have developed a continuous flow hydrothermal conversion of biomass into bio-crude which is then separated and upgraded into advanced bio-fuels and chemicals using standard refining technology.
Steve developed Licella’s commercialisation strategy which is now being deployed.
Steve is the National Team Leader for the International Energy Agency Bioenergy Task 39.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highlights of the 2016 year for Task 39
- ExCo Meeting Presentation, Rotorua New Zealand, Dec 2016, Steve Rogers
Task 39 Resources:
- IEA Task 39 web-site
- IEA Task 39 Newsletters
Task 39 Publications:
- IEA Task 39 Publications
- ***NEW*** - “The Potential and Challenges of drop-in Biofuels” (2014)" (Full Report) (Summary)
Task 39 Participation Group:
The Task 39 Participation Group held an inaugural meeting at the BA Annual Conference in Adelaide 1 - 2 December 2014. More details soon about the Group Members, Task Workplan and future activities.
If you are interested in being part of this group, contact email@example.com.
Current Area's of Focus for the Group - effective policy to encourage biofuels uptake.
Next Webinar/ Group Meeting - The Participation Group will hold a face to face meeting at the Bioenergy Australia Annual Conference - see the Conference Webpage!
Task 39 Presentations and Webinars:
- 'Current Status and Potential for Algal Biofuels Production' (3MB), Les Edye, 2 Dec 2014, BA Annual Conference
- 'Developments from IEA Bioenergy Task 39 - Commercialising Conventional and Advanced Liquid Biofuels from Biomass' (2MB), Les Edye, 2 Dec 2014, BA Annual Conference
- Developments from IEA Bioenergy Task 39 – Commercialising Conventional and Advanced Liquid Biofuels from Biomass, Les Edye, BioIndustry Partners, 1 Dec 2015, BA Annual Conference
- IEA Bioenergy 2015 Review on the State of Technology of Algal Biofuels, Les Edye, BioIndustry Partners Pty Ltd, 1 Dec 2015, BA Annual Conference
- 21 July 2015 - Task 39 - Advanced Biofuels - Webinar Flyer
Task 39 Progress Meetings / Update Reports:
2016: April 2016, (Delft (THE NETHERLANDS)
2015: 10-14 March 2015, Gwangui (SOUTH KOREA)
2015: 24 - 31 October 2015, Berlin (GERMANY)
- Meeting Report/Summary and key lessons for Australia
Presentation (Note - this resentation is on progress and preliminary findings – not yet completely endorsed by Task 39 or IEA Bioenergy ExCo)
Related Resources of Interest:
AMFI Newsletter - Advanced Motor Fuels (IEA Transportation Implementing Agreement), Newsletter Issue 2, July 2014.
ESBF Newsletter - (European Sustainable Biofuels Forum) (Issue #7) July 2014
ANB Newsletters - (Austrian Network Biofuels Newsletter)