IEA Bioenergy Task 38 - 'Climate Change Effects of Biomass and Bioenergy Systems'
TASK 38 Task Leader and National Team Leader:
Dr Annette Cowie is the Task Leader and also the Australian National Team Leader for IEA Bioenergy Task 38. Dr Cowie is a Senior Research Scientist in Industry & Investment NSW’s Science and Research Division. Until recently she also held the title of Professor at the School of Environmental and Rural Science (University of New England) and was a Director of Rural Climate Solutions. She leads the New Forests research program in the Forest Resources Research unit.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on Annette Cowie see the Dept. Primary Industries NSW web-site.
- Task 38 2015 Annual Report - TASK 38: Climate Change Effects of Biomass and Bioenergy Systems 2015 Annual Report
Task 38 Webinar - 2 November 2016, Annette Cowie and Leif Gustavsson - 'Climate change effects of bioenergy and fossil energy - with a focus on cars'. See the IEA Bioenergy Resources Page for all Materials.
Task 38 Resources:
- IEA Task 38 web-site (including links to Case Studies and Publications)
- IEA Task 38 Factsheet
- IEA Task 38 Country Report - Australia (2005)
Task 38 Participation Group:
The Task 38 Participation Group held an ad hoc informal meeting at the BA Annual Conference in Adelaide 1 - 2 December. More details soon including an update on the recent Task Progress Meeting in Helsinki.
If you are interested in being part of this Group, contact email@example.com.
Who's in the Group? - Details coming soon!
Current Areas of Focus for the Group:
- Progress Meeting (26-27th March in Sweden)
- Activities in the next Triennium Workplan for Task 38
- Next Webinar - watch this space!
- 'Quantifying the Effects of Forest-Based Bioenergy: Dealing with Time' (3MB), Annette Cowie, 1 Dec 2014, BA Annual Conference.
Quantifying the Climate Effects of Bioenergy: New Metrics Annette Cowie, NSW Department of Primary Industries, Annette Cowie, 1 Dec 2015, BA Annual Conference.
ISO 13065 Workshop - Towards an Australian Standard of the Sustainability of Biomass and Bioenergy, Mark Brown, Annette Cowie, 1 Dec 2015, BA Annual Conference.
Cross Task Activity - Smith et al -- Plenary II - Mobilisation of Sustainable Bioenergy Supply Chains, Oct 2015, Berlin IEA Bioenergy Conference.
- Task 38 Webinar - 2 November 2016, Annette Cowie and Leif Gustavsson - 'Climate change effects of bioenergy and fossil energy - with a focus on cars'. See the IEA Bioenergy Resources Page for all Materials'.
Presenters - Annette Cowie and Miguel Brandão - 'Application of LCA in quantifying the Climate Change effects of bioenergy', 4 March 2015
- Webinar Flyer
- Webinar Recording
- Annette Cowie's presentation - Climate Change effects of biomass and bioenergy systems.
- Miguel Brandão's presentation - Applying Life Cycle Assessment in quantifying the relative climate effects of bioenergy systems.
Presenters - John McGrath, Goran Berndes, Annette Cowie and Mark Brown, Forest Biomass - Climate and Wider Environmental Issues, 9th November 2015
- Webinar Flyer and Speaker details
- Listen to the Task 38/43 Webinar Recording
- John McGrath's Presentation
- Goran Berndes' Presentation
Task 38 Progress Meetings / Update Reports:
2014: 8 - 9 December 2014, Helsinki (Finland)
2015: 25 - 27 May 2015, Växjö (Sweden)
2015: 24 - 31 October 2015, Berlin (Germany)
2016: March/April 2016, Savannah (USA)
- Download Meeting Summary Report / Key messages for Australia
- Article for Task 38 Newsletter (Savannah Trip)
- [Germany] Potsdam, 28 – 19 May 2015 - The International Biochar Symposium “Biochar – Contribution to Sustainable Agriculture”
- Nanjing, April 2015 - 3rd International Conference of Biochar in Green Agriculture
Related Resources of Interest: