IEA Bioenergy Task 37 - 'Energy from Biogas'
TASK 37 National Team Leader:
Bernadette McCabe is Associate Professor and Vice Chancellors Senior Research Fellow at the National Centre for Engineering in Agriculture (NCEA), University of Southern Queensland (USQ).
A/Prof McCabe is the Australian National Team Leader for IEA Bioenergy Task 37 Energy from Biogas. She leads the Energy Conservation Management research theme at the NCEA.
Contact Email: Bernadette.McCabe@usq.edu.au
For more details on Bernadette McCabe see the University of Southern Queensland website.
AUSTRALIA's INVOLVEMENT IN TASK 37:
ARENA Funding secured in June 2014 meant that in addition to securing Australia's ongoing participation in IEA Bioenenergy Tasks 38, 39, 42 and 43, Australia is now able to participate in Task 37 - 'Energy from Biogas' - for the first time.
RECENT Biogas Articles:
TASK 37 members visit to Toowoomba post the BA Annual Conference:
**NEW** - A/Prof Bernadette McCabe on IINTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE - GERMANY 2017
A/Prof Bernadette McCabe has been invited to be a Member of the Scientific Committee of the Fourth International Conference Progress in Biogas (Germany March 8,9 and 10th 2017). More details and Call for Papers.
**NEW** Australia Biogas Country Report **NEW***
- Report - The Australia Country Report 2015 is now available via the IEA Task 37 - Energy from Biogas - website. Survey reponses are still being accepted (as per the text below). Thank you for your contributions to this report.
- Survey - The purpose of this survey is to capture information regarding the number of operational biogas plants in Australia. The information will be compiled, shared and regularly updated. The information will form part of the IEA Bioenergy Task 37 Country report which is an annual update and is valid for information collected during the year of publication (see http://www.iea-biogas.net/).
In order to provide an accurate picture of biogas activity in Australia this short survey requests information on type of feedstock used, biogas production data, how the biogas is utilised and digestate handling. To take the survey please click on this link - http://biogas.nceastg.usq.edu.au/biogas/ (note - you may need to copy and paste the url into your browser if you have problems).
- IEA Bioenergy Task 37 web-site
- Country Reports
- Case Studies
- Success Stories
- Technical Brochures - IEA Bioenergy Task 37 participants have developed a wide range of Technical Brochures available on the Task 37 web-site.
- Latest Technical Brochure
- Other Technical Brochures
- Recent publications
- Task 37: A perspective on the potential role of biogas in smart energy grids,
- IEA Task 37 Newsletters
- latest Issue - April 2016
The Task 37 Participation Group held an inaugural meeting at the BA Annual Conference in Adelaide 1 - 2 December 2014. More details coming soon including Group Members, Workplan and next webinar details!
If you are interested in being part of this Group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Meeting / Webinar - To Be Advised.
Current Areas of Focus for the Group:
- Progress Meeting (26-27th March in Sweden)
- Development of the Australia Country Report on Biogas;
- Development of a repository for biogas focussed reports (see Australian Biogas Publications);
- Activities in the next Triennium Workplan for Task 37.
- Guest Article - BDI - April 2015 Newsletter
- Task 37 Country Report Presentation, IEA Bioenergy Annual Conference, Oct 2015, Berlin, Germany
- 'Task 37 - Update and Australia Biogas Country Report', 19 Mar 2015, Periodic Meeting, Canberra.
- 'Task 37 - Energy From Biogas: Introduction to Australia's Participation', Bernadette McCabe, 1 Dec 2014, Bioenergy Australia 2014 Annual Conference.
- Bio-Gas Technology / Emission Reduction Fund Seminar, Bernadette McCabe and Pat Gleeson (9 June 2015)
- Task 37 Presentation at the Sept 2015 BA Periodic Meeting - Biogas Survey / Country Report Update
- IEA Bioenergy – Task 37 Energy from Biogas: Australia’s First Year in Review and Opportunities Going Forward Bernadette McCabe, University of Southern Queensland, 31 Nov 2015, Bioenergy Australia 2015.
28 April 2016 - Bioenergy Australia welcomed Prof Jerry Murphy Leader of Task 37 to present on Ireland's experiences with biogas and their participation in Task 37.
- Webinar Flyer
- A/Prof Bernadette McCabe's Presentation
- Prof Jerry Murphy's Presentation (16MB)
30 July 2014 - Bioenergy Australia welcomes David Baxter, Task 37 Task Leader to give a Seminar/Webinar presentation on Task 37 activities.
- Download the Task 37 July'14 Seminar / Webinar Flyer.
5 May 2015 - Presenters - Bernadette McCabe (NTL Task 37) and Steve Brewster (ADI Asia Pacific) - 'Biogas in Australia - Update; and important elements of biogas projects'.
- Download the Task 37 May'15 Webinar Flyer.
Brisbane 26th June 2015
- Showcasing Qld's Biogas Projects - Big and Small - Flyer
- Speaker Profiles
- "Australian first - wastewater to biogas tech powering Oakey", Jan Arezzo [Inside Waste] with A/Prof Bernadette McCabe, Sept 2016
- "Australian Communities are fighting food waste with circular economies", A/Prof Bernadette McCabe, University of Southern Queensland, The Conversation, August 2016
- "Biogas: smells like a solution to our energy and waste problems", A/Prof Bernadette McCabe, University of Southern Queensland, The Conversation, Jan 2015.
- "Bioenergy: making money, and clean energy", A/Prof Bernadette McCabe, University of Southern Queensland, The Conversation, 19 July 2015
- 'Survey puts Australia on the World Biogas Map', A/Prof Bernadette McCabe, University of Southern Queensland, ecoGeneration, 12 Nov 2015.
2014: October 15-17, 2014 Angers (France) (Australia attended this meeting as an invitee)
2015: March 25-27, 2015 Uppsala (Sweden)
- TASK 37 MARCH 25-27, 2015
- Other Presentations/Posters
2015: October 24-31 , 2015 Berlin (Germany)
- TASK 37 OCTOBER, 2015
2016: April 13-15 , 2016 Wallingford (England)
- TASK 37 APRIL, 2016
2016: Nov 16 -18 , 2016 Toowoomba (Australia)
- TASK 37 NOVEMBER, 2016
- Summary Meeting Report / Key messages for Australia.
IBBK CONFERENCE, OCT 2015
Progress in Biomethane Mobility, October 2015 - The conference will show the latest developments from existing gas upgrading systems. Other solutions for upgrading small amounts of biogas will be addressed
IBBK Biogas Training Opportunities
- AD Operating and Engineering Course (UK based) - 9 - 13 February 2015. Register now to enhance your knowledge on anaerobic digestion, share ideas and improve your plant! There will be also a half-day study tour as well as report and discussion with operators from Germany and UK.
- International Biogas AD Operating and Engineering Course (based in Stuttgart, Germany) - April 13-17, 2015. In addition, there is an International Biogas Study Tour with focus on various plant concepts, April 20-23, 2015. Further details at http://www.biogas-training.com/
- EBA publishes the Biogas Report 2014 – The European Biogas Association published the Biogas Report 2014 in December 2014. The report contains extensive data on biogas and biomethane industry in Europe (numbers of biogas plants, annual biogas and biomethane capacities in 2013, overview of future policies and opportunities across Europe).
AD PLANTS IN AUSTRALIA
- List and Map of Anaerobic Digestion Plants in Australia - COMING SOON!