Established in 1997 as a government-industry information and networking forum to foster and facilitate the development of biomass for energy, liquid fuels, and other value added bio-based products. Its founders were a core of Federal Government organisations with the objective of providing the focus and a forum for bioenergy development in Australia. Since its formation the membership of Bioenergy Australia has been expanded to more than 55 members from both Government and Industry (click on "MEMBERS" tab for current membership list). Bioenergy Australia is concerned with all aspects of biomass and bioenergy, from production through to utilisation, and its work embraces technical, commercial, economic, societal, environmental, policy and market issues
Bioenergy Australia activities:
- Creating an awareness and understanding of biomass energy to a broad range of stakeholders and customer groups
- Producing a quarterly newsletter to foster interest and involvement in the biomass industry. Bioenergy Australia also holds an annual conference, which is coupled to a trade/sponsor exhibition, and invariably includes technical tours to bioenergy facilities
- Market facilitation and development
- Facilitating the development of business and project opportunities
- Broadening the support base for the Bioenergy Australia to ensure its continued role in promoting biomass energy in Australia
- Forming and managing groups to participate in the International Energy Agency's Bioenergy program.
- Management of the Biomass Producer website - promoting biomass experts and projects across Australia.