Name: Timber Queensland
Contact Person: Mick Stephens
Phone: 07 3358 7900
Summary of activities
Timber Queensland is the peak State body for the Queensland forest and timber industry. Its role is to:
- To represent Queensland’s timber and timber products industry to government, specifiers, timber traders and the wider community.
- To build a proud, self-sufficient and expanding industry which delivers timber and timber products using world’s best practice.
- To create and maintain a positive expanding market for timber and timber products in Queensland by undertaking measurable programs to increase the per-capita consumption of timber in Queensland.
- To educate the community about the role forestry and timber plays in the climate change debate and the benefit of forests and timber products.
- To position the Queensland timber industry as a high profile innovative industry along its value chain.
- To provide a powerful voice on political, technical, market development, industrial and environmental issues.